Alex's Mission Address:

Elder Alex McLean Ditto

Romania/Moldova Mission
Bdul. Primaveril Nr. 19-21 Et.1 #13
Sector 1
011972 Bucharest
Romania

Email -
alex.ditto@myldsmail.net

Monday, April 16, 2018

Coming Closer to Jesus... Helping Others do the Same

Hey everyone!

This week was a whirlwind- it was transfer week so we were doing a lot of buying tickets and ensuring that everyone safely arrived to their necessary destinations. Think about this- it may be easy to organize 70 peoples travel, but imagine doing this but everyone must be with another person at all times! This is the tricky part of travel as missionaries, and we get to work out all of those kinks. Pretty fun, and sometimes joggles your brain! I have been enjoying learning more about the legal and logistical part of the world, something that I haven't ever really seen. 
Love this crazy guy!

On another note, I sent home Elder Bontempo as he arrived to the close of his mission. I spent 4.5 months with that guy, it was fun to reminisce all of the good times that we had, and the good that we did. I have made some amazing friends here in Romania. 

Besides the crazy beginning of the week, we actually had more time than usual to get out on the streets and proselyte, as well as have a couple of great lessons. One was with a man who is a professional rower, and is like 6 foot 7 inches! As we got to know him, I was pretty intrigued by his moral standards that he had, and the vision that he had in his life. We testified of the role that the Book of Mormon can have in our lives, and invited him to discover that our for himself. 

I was reflecting just today about the role that the Book of Mormon has had in my life. I know that the Book of Mormon is true because of the impact it has had on my relationship with God, as I have tried to follow the teaching of Jesus Christ. Most recently, I was reading in Alma 7, and the spirit witnessed to me of probably the most important role of the Book of Mormon.

12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.

13 Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.

I felt a peace inside and a clarity of mind as the thought came to my mind, It's all because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ." A lot of the teachings of Jesus Christ are not rocket science, and you don't even have to be religious to live some of the divine attributes of Christ. It is the knowledge and faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement- His life, suffering in the garden, and on the cross, the Resurrection- that give these teachings value and direction to our lives. That is why the Book of Mormon is so crucial- in plainness we learn how this all works together for our good, and why we need faith in Jesus! I know that Jesus Christ for me individually, and each one of us so that he can comfort us, forgive us, and give us hope! Because of him, we will all live again.

Two days ago, we were in Cismigiu park doing spreading the good word, when a couple came by. We stopped them, and engaged in a conversation about if they believe miracles happen in our days. A little into the discussion, they realized that they had seen us in Piata Unirii earlier today, and were wondering what we were doing. I told them that it was a miracle that they found us again! As we got to know each other better, I felt the spirit begin to guide my responses and questions. I felt prompted to share about Elder Day's passing, and how God helped me in that time. Shortly after, the woman opened up and said that her father had passed away four years ago and she still hadn't received an answer as to where he was. We shared the Book of Mormon with her, and testified that life after death is REAL, thanks Jesus Christ. We parted ways, both uplifted. I know that God was with us in that moment, and that we were able to bring peace to their hearts.

So many amazing experiences here, and in the process the Lord is shaping me. What a special opportunity!!!

I love you all, and hope that each of you will take some time to ponder on your relationship with Jesus Christ.

With love,
Elder Ditto

No comments:

Post a Comment