Alex's Mission Address:

Elder Alex McLean Ditto

Romania/Moldova Mission
Bdul. Primaveril Nr. 19-21 Et.1 #13
Sector 1
011972 Bucharest
Romania

Email -
alex.ditto@myldsmail.net

Monday, June 25, 2018

The Beginning and the End

Hey everyone!

Today marks the beginning and end of an era. Transfer day is tomorrow and two of my best friends in the mission go home. I am sad to see them leave, but Elder Trottier will live practically right around the corner from me at college, and Elder Jacobson and I are life-long friends. I have learned a ton from both of them and have had so much fun working together in the office. It has been a team effort preparing for this mission change, and each one of us brought unique talents and abilities to the table. As a missionary you are always with your "colleague" (as we say here), and it is definitely one of the most unique things about serving a full-time mission. You learn so much about each other, and whether you like it or not, you need to work together! This makes for some funny stories and teaches you how to communicate effectively and incorporate two different styles and personalities. I feel privileged to have had so many different companions that have all been awesome and have helped me grow in so many ways. 
The new comp... Elder Welling (he is from Finland)

On that note, Elder Welling is my new companion! We have known each other for practically our whole missions, and have been eager to serve together. Elder Welling and I will be serving as President's Assistants (AP's) in Romania. We will have a lot of great opportunities serve the mission including zone conferences, missionary trainings, exchanges, as well as some other administrative work. There will no longer be a companionship of office elders in Romania, so it will be my responsibility to ensure things run smoothly, as well as to unfold all information to Elder Welling about these things that I have been learning for the past four and a half months... it's a lot, but it's gonna be great!
Last pday sports in Bucuresti with this many elders 😢

The Mihai Bravu District. These are some pretty incredible missionaries!

I am just super pumped for this last transfer in Romania. I think all of the things that I have learned and experienced since day one have helped prepare me for this final chance to be a leader and to do my very best. 

This has been and is still my motto...

D&C 107 99 Wherefore, now let every man learn his duty, and to act in the office in which he is appointed, in all diligence.
100 He that is slothful shall not be counted worthy to stand, and he that learns not his duty and shows himself not approved shall not be counted worthy to stand. Even so. Amen.
Billiards on a nice preparation day afternoon.

Dani and I... this kid is impressive!

Here it goes!!!! 

Love you all!!

Elder Ditto

1 comment:

  1. I have been thinking of you so much these last few weeks. You have served so diligently with joy and a cheerful heart. Attitude is everything in life and in the work of the Lord! It is amazing to think of everything that has been prepared for you.
    Love,
    Sister G

    ReplyDelete