Alex's Mission Address:

Elder Alex McLean Ditto

Romania/Moldova Mission
Bdul. Primaveril Nr. 19-21 Et.1 #13
Sector 1
011972 Bucharest
Romania

Email -
alex.ditto@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

THE BIG DAY!!!

Mom's turn to take over the blog-

The big countdown finale ended on August 15th around 3:20 pm.  The anticipation at our house was busting with joy as we prepared our home for Elder Ditto (and all the family and friends visiting over the following three days).

The day we received the letter from Alex's mission president with his official travel plans was such a happy one.  I think our whole family was bursting with Godly pride at a mission well done.

 What a long flight from Budapest, Hungary to Yakima, WA!
When we arrived to the airport it was filled with family and friends.  I was already weeping seeing all the support from loved ones.  In the corner of the airport I saw a mom of one of Alex's good high school friends that he loved to speak religion with prior to leaving on his mission.  I soon learned that her son just "happened" to be on the same flight from Seattle to Yakima on his way home from visiting the Holy Lands.  This was such a tender mercy and reminded me that God is in the details of our lives.

It felt like we had to wait forever for the plane to land.

And then even longer for Alex to come through those airport security doors.  Pure joy!!!!  No other words!
Pretty sure Birch and Alex had thought about this hug for the past two years!



Lots of cousins!  Caroline and kids made it just in time to the airport driving all the way from Corvallis.

Teary-eyed and oh so happy!

Crazy kids!
Mila and Elder Ditto

Truman and Elder Ditto

Hazelnut and Elder Ditto

Good high school buddies - Matthew and Elder Ditto

First family pictures!!

We have the best neighbors and they had been waiting to come to the fence for their hug too.  It was so fun to see Alex fling himself over the fence and give them both big hugs.
This A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. video was made by Tyler's high school friend.  He shot the footage (and took the pictures) and them put them altogether in this video.  We can't thank Jack enough for capturing the emotions of everyone! I will treasure this forever!! And in case you are wondering why all the disco lights, my grandma had a vision of Alex coming home from his mission with lights shining on him representing the light of Christ that he shared throughout Romania and Moldova. She sent is the disco ball and you know you can’t let down Grandma!
https://youtu.be/8N0kCcqtzW8


After we collected his luggage we were off to President Hendricks' office for Elder Ditto to be officially released.  President Hendricks gave us each an opportunity to share how we had individually been blessed by Alex's service.  It was a tender time.  President Hendricks also presented Alex with his certificates of being honorably released from his mission - it was fun to get them in several languages.


The night ended with a family dinner with the Watts, Andersens, and Sherry Jrs.  Alex had requested Crockpot Thai Chicken soup.  It felt like we were in a dream -- altogether eating dinner with Alex sharing mission highlights.

Now we compulsively watch the video over and over again so we can relive all those emotions of joy, longing, and happiness.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loans up to $500,000 and lines of credit up to $100,000
    Simple application, decisions in minutes
    Funding as fast as one business day if you’re approved
    Underwriting based on business cash flow, business and personal credit
    contact us
    E-mail: atlasloan83 @ gmail . com
    whatsapp/Hangout 14433459339
    Atlasloan.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hello Everybody, I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $20, 000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $20, 000.00 Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact via email:(challotloan@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete