Alex's Mission Address:

Elder Alex McLean Ditto

Romania/Moldova Mission
Bdul. Primaveril Nr. 19-21 Et.1 #13
Sector 1
011972 Bucharest
Romania

Email -
alex.ditto@myldsmail.net

Monday, August 21, 2017

Just a Dang Solid Week of Preachin' the Gospel

Hey everyone!!!

Well another lightning fast week with some incredible experiences. The week was kicked off by Zone Conference. I enjoyed each moment of being with so many great people and friends, not to mention Elder Bontempo and I ordered 15 medium sized pizzas from Dominos for the lunch, each equipped with Philadelphia cream cheese...

We had the opportunity to present about the importance of making daily goals and raising our level of commitment. I felt like our words were guided by the spirit and we were able to get the missionaries pumped! It is so much fun being in this gigantic city with many missionaries and help each other catch the wave of commitment to teaching repentance and baptizing converts!

Elder Bontempo and I worked our buns off again- walking and travelling by metro many kilometers, and helping our friends come to know their Savior more as we bore bold testimonies with the spirit.
A great evening in Cismigiu

Real quick a couple of amazing experiences...

We are helping our friend Vio get ready for baptism! We taught him most of the commandments this week. Ever since Vio felt like he should come into the church to see when we have sacrament meeting, he has had a fairly easy time accepting the truths of the restored gospel. As we taught him the Word of Wisdom, it was all good until we said "coffee." Yup! He likes his coffee. As we talked with him and helped Vio understand why God gives us commandments, his attitude began to change from "I can't," to "I want to, because I know the Lord will bless me!" What a tender mercy!!!! From then on no more coffee from Vio and he tells us everyday!

We also had many opportunities to teach about the role of the Book of Mormon. I find it so amazing that someone who seems to have no faith in God, or no desire to change, can have a paradigm shift as I testify of the truthfulness and the reality that Joseph Smith did translate this book by the power of God. The Book of Mormon truly does bring man closer to God than any other book.

Finally, Mom said that she prayed for my "tongue to be loosened." I have felt discouraged at times with speaking Romanian. This week I truly felt like God blessed me with the gift of tongues. There is nothing cooler than saying a crazy sentence in Romanian and then thinking to yourself, "Did I just say that!?" The miracle is that it wasn't by my own power, but God's!
George and I

I know that the Lord is the author of this work, and he blesses those that keep His commandments and come unto him. Hurrah!

Love,

Elder Ditto

2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful that God loves us so much, individually, that he knows what missionaries need to go to what peoples. Your love for your FRIENDS is evident in every letter.

    I attended my niece's farewell in Tremonton (Utah), and she is already in love with the people, country and language of Hungary. As I signed her copy of the Book of Mormon in Hungarian, I caught a glimpse of that love. How blessed they are to have McKinsey sent by God to them, and how blessed she is to be sent to bring the Gospel to His beloved children in this far away place!
    Sister Greene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops--McKinzie! McKinzie Robertson

    ReplyDelete