Alex's Mission Address:

Elder Alex McLean Ditto

Romania/Moldova Mission
Bdul. Primaveril Nr. 19-21 Et.1 #13
Sector 1
011972 Bucharest
Romania

Email -
alex.ditto@myldsmail.net

Monday, August 28, 2017

The School of Life

Hey everyone,

Seriously can't believe all of you guys start school TOMORROW! It is still a little weird to me that I am not in school right now. This life that I am living right now is a very different one compared to the one at home. Rather than learning math and economics, I am fully invested in the school of life "scoala vietii." I did a lot of thinking this week about life in general, and the life that God gave me. 
Love this guy...

I am reading in 1 Corinthians right now and came across a scripture that I really liked. 

1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.


I really like this verse because it puts life into perspective. This week, Elder Bontempo and I faced a lot of adversity and we had to work with grit. 
Our bellies were full and happy after the Hard Rock Cafe!
The one and only...

I don't really know what to talk about this week, my brain is just a little empty!

We went to Craiova for exchanges. It was great to be with Elder Krieger again. He is such a great man, one who is all in to teaching the gospel to everyone. We got to visit Mirela which was so wonderful. I am amazed at the change that I see in her as she continues to commit to live the gospel of Jesus Christ. It has truly changed her whole person! We took Craiova by storm with three sets of missionaries and talking to everyone about the gospel. Elder Krieger and I focused on talking to families as we made a survey that talks about the Family Proclamation. 

Let the road trip begin

49km till Slatina

Cake with Viki

Dan the Man

A great contacting session in Parcul Romanescu

The original gang all back together! 

Me in my beloved city of Craiova

6AM travel back to Bucharest


Although we did not have our baptism this week (we are still helping Vio become ready to make this great step of baptism), we did get to participate at another's baptism- the wife of a recent convert. 
The font wasn't filling up fast enough... so we did plan B

It was such a special experience to see a man of God baptize his wife into the church of God. One of the coolest things I have seen here for sure! I was reminded about what the gospel is all about- families! I feel so grateful to have a family who loves me and supports me in all my endeavors. I realized that I want to talk to more families about the gospel as I go throughout the mission... to help them realize the wonderful blessing it is to have their home based on the principles of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ!
Family night at the Leavitts [a senior missionary couple]

Paninis and corn on the cob with a fruit smoothie... now that's livin.
Thank you Ami for this cozy pillow case!

Sora Gorzo and I chilling after some ardei umpluti

Well, I am sorry for the lame letter but I hope the pictures make up for it!!
Bucharest at night
Power companionship of the Bucharest

Love you all so much, and am praying for a great first week of school!!!

Love,
Alex



Ran into my brother Elder Loder!!! 
The crew trying to be like the Finnish in the middle.

2 comments:

  1. Excited about the life-long friendships you have forged on your mission!
    We are all going back to school, but you are in the "real world"and learning life lessons!🙂
    Sister Greene

    ReplyDelete
  2. my memorable day was my last trip. i went to Amritsir on my last birthday.At that time we were very happy.we stayed their in a hotel and got up early in the morning for going Golden Temple. When we reached their we saw Golden temple that was looking very beautiful in sun light. their i saw a very large pool and lot of fished inside of the pool.we had lot of fun. that was my first trip with my family that why i will never forget that days.

    OneDayTop recently has posted for HEALTH :
    PINEAPPLE JUICE HELPS TO GET RID OF COUGH

    ReplyDelete