Alex's Mission Address:

Elder Alex McLean Ditto

Romania/Moldova Mission
Bdul. Primaveril Nr. 19-21 Et.1 #13
Sector 1
011972 Bucharest
Romania

Email -
alex.ditto@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

The Members of Romania

Buna ziua tuturor!!!

Well, first thing's first... I am finally overcame that cold and running on all cylinders now!!! I felt a little outta my contacting game this week, but we had some incredible success in terms of strengthening the Mihai Bravu branch.
Fratele Brais. Currently in the Mental Hospital so we paid him a visit. He is one of the kindest and most genuine men I have met. We had a nice chat as we walked through the hospital ground.  I have never liked the hospitals here in Romania, but was glad to make his day.  Everyone needs a friend!

We also gave him a blessing.

The Mihai Bravu branch is very different to the others that I have served in. Arad, Alexandria, Craiova- all of these have been bands of some of the most faithful members of the church that I have ever met. I will always marvel and their faithfulness and devotion to serving the Lord. The saints of Romania are pioneers, and they are my heroes. I have told many stories of members in Romania in the past year, Sora Krancs and her devotion to pay tithing and come to church, regardless of the situation, Sora Emmanuela in Alexandria- the only woman of the church in her little town, Mirela Minunata of Craiova, the woman who's life has flipped a 180 because of the hope and happiness that the gospel brings. The teachings and plan that has blessed my life so much, has blessed millions of people around the world, because of their own decision to follow Jesus Christ. 

Alma 26:37 Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen.

I add my testimony that God truly is mindful of every people, and joy comes from living the gospel of Jesus Christ!
Orthodox church by night

SLAM DUNK BURGERS... Made these 250 grammers from scratch!

Now, back to Bucharest. I will be honest, it took me a while to receive trust from the members here. In the other branches, we just wholly relied upon one another. This branch seemed a little different to me. Here in Bucharest we are blessed with two chapels for two branches. At one point in church history here, there were two branches that would meet in each building and hundreds of members would flock to the church on Sundays! Now, this is sadly not the case. 
Our tramvai we take to the church

On a good Sunday, we have around 45 members that come to sacrament meeting. Now, that is 5X more than in any other branch that I have been in, but Bucharest is home to 1 million and somethin' people... God has more prepared children here that are waiting to here the good news! With this, we have many goals and ambitions that will help unite the members and missionaries together to build up the kingdom of God here in Bucharest, that we might fulfill the apostolic blessing that there will be stakes here!

I made an effort to take pictures of the members that we met with this week. Enjoy them! 
Fratele Manescu... A faithful member of many years, only drinks LEMONADE, loves Joseph Smith and everything history. He will talk your ears off if you let him!

Fratele Paun. One of the goofiest guys in all of Romania. He is a true blue mormon- his testimony is firm and dedicates his time to helping others in the branch.   This week he fed us some killer pizza and fanta madness (grape fanta but way better than in the states).

We celebrated Soro Gorzo's 81st birthday with her this past week.  
https://youtu.be/Q5nrJ7n0ANU
Sora Gorzo's bday!! 81 and still a champion chef!

Elder Bontempo and I have been working hard to gain trust of the members here and connect with the leaders of the branch, which will create an atmosphere of excitement for member missionary work and love one to another! It has been a really unique experience to be in the details of how the church works in terms of leadership and logistics at a branch and mission level. The things I am doing now, rest assured, will come back to help me and others in another time of my life. 


Our English Board fell because of the high wind speeds... 

Phillip. Traveling all around the world on his bike.

Gotta scoot- but hope this painted a nice little picture of where the church is at in Romania. the Lord blesses us as we serve in whatever calling or position we are in. He expands our talents and capacity to love when we thrust in our sickle!

Love,

Alex

Luca... the best covrigerie in the whole wide world
Pday shenanigans

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting the sweet video. What a wonderful spirit came into our home as all of you sang Love at Home in Romanian, very touching. We will pray for the members in Bucharest. Love and appreciate all that you are doing for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! I just found it today and can't stop reading your posts. Thanks you for sharing such a great blog with us. Expecting for your good luck.

    OneDayTop recently has posted for Travel : 4 FALL FOLIAGE TRAIN RIDES YOU NEED TO TAKE THIS SEASON

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a "bird's eye" view of your area! I have no doubt that all of these experiences will be of great benefit to you, your family, and the church!

    ReplyDelete