Alex's Mission Address:

Elder Alex McLean Ditto

Romania/Moldova Mission
Bdul. Primaveril Nr. 19-21 Et.1 #13
Sector 1
011972 Bucharest
Romania

Email -
alex.ditto@myldsmail.net

Monday, August 29, 2016

LEAVING ON A JET PLANE

We packed the day with an early morning father/son tennis match, scooter date with Tyler, finishing last minute packing, lunch at Kyotos, and then off to the airport.



























Mom's post on facebook the day I left...

"To raise a child, who's is comfortable enough to leave you, means you've done your job. They are not ours to keep, but to teach how to soar on their own." Just returned from taking Alex to the airport to open his wings and boy, did he soar!!! The morning was wonderful with one last Father/Son tennis match, drinking POG and eating mangos for breakfast, shoving in the last bit of luggage, building a model car with the boys, lunch at Kyotos, and then off to the airport. We promised to not cry...too much (we've had a lot of tears shed the past few weeks). We all stayed until the last speck of the airplane soared over our heads. I'm so proud of this boy!!! I've thought a bundle of times this past month how true the saying "It take a village to raise a child." I'm so thankful to scout leaders, neighbors, home teachers, aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, church leaders, sport coaches, etc... that have helped raise Alex. My heart nearly burst two Sundays ago when I looked around at church to see the pews full of friends and family there to cheer on Alex and our family. We are blessed!!! Crossing my fingers that I taught him enough to keep soaring (and wishing I had maybe invited him into the kitchen a bit more to learn how to cook). Romania/Moldova -- I give my son to you -- may you love him as much as I do!!! Keep flying Alex!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment