Alex's Mission Address:

Elder Alex McLean Ditto

Romania/Moldova Mission
Bdul. Primaveril Nr. 19-21 Et.1 #13
Sector 1
011972 Bucharest
Romania

Email -
alex.ditto@myldsmail.net

Monday, April 23, 2018

Every week is a miracle

Hey fam bam!

This week marks the beginning of the "missionary-tan" era. That's right, it's getting hot over here and the shirt-collar tan line is real! No matter, all the missionaries are hyped to be out in the sun, and the people of Bucharest are too! I am thankful to be in a country where there are four seasons. I may not be surrounded by mountains, but the urban-spring time is pretty good too...
A nice evening of contacting in Piata Unirii

Everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather

I never get tired of this park!

Elder Trottier and I did a lot of interesting problem solving, preparations, and random tasks and assignments for the good of the mission this week. Time is a ticking- before we know it this office will be moved over to Hungary! Something that I admire about my companion is his ability to communicate kindly and effectively in all different situations. Working in the office has tested my communication skills- the legal world can be scary at times!
Sneak peak of out P-day photoshoot...

In the office we experience a lot of little and big miracles as we do our work. Some days it seems like everything goes wrong, and then somehow, by the grace of God, the problems start to resolve themselves and we are able to accomplish the things that need to be done. Other times, the miracles can come in the form of comfort from a friend, or a nice "Dublu Booster" from KFC in the middle of an intense day. Whatever the day, miracles do happen, and it is because God knows and loves us.
Florica... a nice flower lady that I met today. She told me I need to print this out and give it to her!

This week I asked a lot of people on the streets if they believe that miracles still happen in our days. To my surprise, about eight out of ten say "yes" in some form. I think everyone does want to believe in miracles, to be honest. The tough part is being humble enough to see them. This whole week I studied about miracles, and learned some cool things that I was able to share with others. 

Donald L. Hallstrom defined a miracle as, "a beneficial event brought about through divine power that mortals do not understand." In other words, miracles depend on your perspective of life, and your faith in God. Sometimes we have to look, or maybe we need to be a little more grateful, other times we are gifted with miracles.

2 Nephi 26:13
     And that he manifesteth himself unto all those who believe in him, by the power of the Holy Ghost; yea, unto every nation, kindred, tongue, and people, working mighty miracles, signs, and wonders, among the children of men according to their faith.  

I hope that we all look for the miracles in our own lives, and try to be the means of working miracles in the lives of others. 

One morning I got a text from an investigator that expressed his gratitude towards us for helping him develop more faith in Jesus Christ. Before he met us, he had never told anyone that he actually believed in Jesus Christ or God! This was a miracle! A miracle because I was feeling a little discouraged that we weren't having a lot of "seen" success, as well seeing the Book of Mormon help a man become closer to God- THAT is the real miracle. 

Through this small little experience, God taught me a little more about how miracles work, and how God works through us children to help others find greater happiness, through faith in His son, Jesus Christ. Pretty cool!!!!

Luna... getting our photoshoot juices flowing





Love all of you! Have a spectacular week!



Elder Ditto

1 comment:

  1. My niece is serving in Hungary. Her name is Sister Robertson. ...red-headed, of course.

    I love the umbrellas. How are they suspended?
    Love, Sister Greene

    ReplyDelete