Alex's Mission Address:

Elder Alex McLean Ditto

Romania/Moldova Mission
Bdul. Primaveril Nr. 19-21 Et.1 #13
Sector 1
011972 Bucharest
Romania

Email -
alex.ditto@myldsmail.net

Monday, April 30, 2018

On the Lord's Errand... We all are!

Hey all!

I am having a jolly good time in Bucharest. I enjoy staying busy and doing meaningful activities, and this week was nothing short of that. This opportunity to serve in the office has taught me that it doesn't matter what your circumstances are- there is always time to serve and help others come closer to Christ. 
IUBESC ROMANIA

I try to keep this motto in mind throughout the day- maybe I'm at the car service center, in the car stuck in traffic, walking in the center of the biggest city in Eastern Europe, talking with a worker at the Pharmacy, sitting on a bench in sectorul 3 doing a companionship study- the Lord places people in our paths to bless. This week I wanted to share some of those experiences, as well as other great happenings that took place in beautiful Romania.
A little suburb in Bucharest

SPRING!

Elder Krylbourn (a stand-out elder from Sweden) and I went on an exchange on Wednesday. Elder Trottier and I worked really hard getting everything done that we could on Tuesday, in order to have a full day of proselyting for exchanges. I was grateful for the time we had to do the normal routine as a missionary, though it seems like all of that bad things happened on exchange day in terms of legal work- we survived though! 
Elder Krylbourn and I

We met a great family from the town of Fagaras who was just one of those that you couldn't help but see in white at the temple- so humble and eager to follow Christ. Unfortunately there are no missionaries in that area of Romania, but we testified of the Book of Mormon and the power that it has to bless our families with peace and unity. The boy begged the mother to buy it, but we ensured her that it was free. I know that this won't be the last time this family meets the missionaries. Every effort that we put in to sharing the gospel matters, I know this because God loves each one of his children.
Elder Trottier Ft. Moon

European parks are so relaxing

On that note, we were actually doing a companionship study on a bench just yesterday before we were going to have a dinner appointment with someone. It practically felt like fast Sunday because it was 5:30 pm and we hadn't eaten since breakfast! Just then, a woman walked by us, and she immediately recognized us- it was an investigator of one of the sister's from a year ago! She had lost contact with the missionaries since then, and was super excited to see us. She explained that her life has been pretty difficult since being diagnosed with a really bad disease that is life-altering. My heart felt for her, and quickly shared 2 Nephi 9:21-22. 

21 And he cometh into the world that he may save all men if they will hearken unto his voice; for behold, he suffereth the pains of all men, yea, the pains of every living creature, both men, women, and children, who belong to the family of Adam.22 And he suffereth this that the resurrection might pass upon all men, that all might stand before him at the great and judgment day.
This is one of the most pure and personally touching scriptures about the Savior for me. After that, she expressed a desire to meet with the missionaries again. Regardless of the outcome, I know that the Lord put her in my path to help her in this trying time!
Sora Dragu and I 

We had the opportunity to go visit a very old, sick, yet full-of-life sister yesterday as well. Though she doesn't have much, her attitude and perspective of life taught me the very essence of the gospel, that is to have joy as we live a Christlike life! Her apartment (room) is horrible, surrounded by not very good people who play loud and obnoxious music, and her health doesn't permit her to leave the apartment- yet she finds joy in the fact that she is a child of God. That is cool. We sang "I Am a Child of God" before we left, and as I looked around the room, I just couldn't help but feel the very joy that Sora Dragu was feeling. She will always be an example to me of a true disciple of Jesus Christ.

These experiences, along with many others, have helped me learn certain lessons that I needed to learn. There is nothing better than being in the service of the Lord!
Ianis and I

We also traveled to a little village where one of our member's mother lives and had a nice little barbecue. Super serene, and stunning countryside. Zone conference also happened, and was spiritually uplifting. I love all of the unique opportunities I have to better myself, as well as the lives of others while being a missionary. It's the best!
I have always wanted a picture in the rapeseed fields!

Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Ditto 

No comments:

Post a Comment